After years of wearing various styles from Girlfriend Collective, I am excited to share my Girlfriend Collective bra review with you. I have developed a deep admiration for this brand, and I want to highlight what makes their sports bras so special.
- Sustainable and Ethical Branding
- Sustainable Practices
- Ethical Manufacturing
- Environmentally-Friendly Fabrics
- A Body Positive Approach
- My Girlfriend Collective Bra Review
Back in 2017, I discovered Girlfriend Collective during a visit to Atlanta. They had just launched a campaign offering free leggings, and I was instantly intrigued. Fast forward to 2019, and I decided to try their products for myself. Ever since that initial collaboration, I have become a loyal customer and have purchased from them multiple times. Today, I want to give you an in-depth review of their sports bras and help you decide if they are the right choice for you.
Sustainable and Ethical Branding
Girlfriend Collective has made a name for themselves not only through their stylish product offerings but also their commitment to sustainability and ethics. Their marketing strategy exudes a cool-girl vibe, reminiscent of Glossier, but with a twist. They celebrate diversity and prove that you can be body positive while still being fashionable.
Girlfriend Collective takes sustainability seriously. They prioritize responsible manufacturing practices, local production, and eco-friendly fabrics. Although they manufacture in Asia, they have thoroughly researched and ensured that their factories operate sustainably. Their products are made to last, and after two years of intense use, my sports bras are still in excellent condition.
Their factory in Hanoi, Vietnam, boasts an SA8000 certificate, which guarantees fair trade standards and excellent working conditions for their employees. Workers are offered fair wages, catered meals, guided exercise breaks, and comprehensive healthcare benefits. The brand’s dedication to ethical practices is evident in every aspect of their operations.
Girlfriend Collective stands out for their innovative use of recycled materials. They transform post-consumer water bottles, primarily sourced from Taiwan, into their unique fabric. Through their meticulous dyeing processes and airtight wastewater management system, they minimize their impact on the environment. Their packaging is also 100% recyclable.
A Body Positive Approach
One of the most refreshing aspects of Girlfriend Collective is their commitment to inclusivity. They offer sizes ranging from XS to 6XL, and their models represent a diverse range of body types. This dedication to body positivity sets them apart from many other brands, and it’s something I truly appreciate.
My Girlfriend Collective Bra Review
Having worn their sports bras for an extended period, I can confidently say that Girlfriend Collective delivers on both style and functionality. Here are some key points to consider:
I am a 38B, and I typically wear an XL in their sports bras. However, for longer bras designed for exercise, I prefer an L. It’s important to read the reviews and consider your individual needs when choosing the right size.
I have been wearing my Paloma bra for two years, and it has held up exceptionally well. The durability and support are impressive. Even with frequent use during intense workouts, it shows no signs of wear. Plus, if you ever need to recycle your bra, Girlfriend Collective’s ReGirlfriend program allows you to do so.
Pricing & Quality
While Girlfriend Collective sports bras might be slightly pricier compared to other brands, their focus on ethical manufacturing and sustainable practices justifies the cost. The quality surpasses that of bras from fast fashion retailers, and the comfortable feel of the recycled fabric is a pleasant surprise.
The Style Selection
Over the years, Girlfriend Collective has expanded their range of styles. They now offer a variety of classic and experimental bras, each with its unique features. The Paloma bra, their original design, remains a personal favorite of mine. However, there are other styles to suit different preferences and activities.
A Breakdown of the Classic Girlfriend Bras
- Paloma Bra: This longer, supportive bra is perfect for all types of workouts. It offers full coverage and a comfortable fit, making it feel more like a top than just a bra.
- Topanga Bra: With its higher neck and criss-cross adjustable straps, the Topanga Bra is great for lounging and casual wear. While it may not be suitable for high-impact activities, it serves its purpose well.
- Lou Bra: This regular-length bra provides good support for higher impact workouts. Although I prefer the Paloma, the Lou Bra is a reliable choice.
- Simone Bra: With cups, adjustable straps, and a three-prong hook-and-eye clasp, the Simone Bra offers maximum support. It is ideal for intense workouts or long runs.
- Dylan Bra: The Dylan Bra is similar to the Topanga Bra, but with more support and a racerback design. It’s a great option for pairing with shorts in the summer.
- Tommy Bra: The square neckline of the Tommy Bra adds a cute touch to this medium-impact sports bra.
Girlfriend Collective regularly releases new styles, and while these may not yet be considered classics, they are certainly worth trying:
- Bianca Bra: This one-shoulder bra is perfect for low-impact exercises and comfortable lounging.
- FLOAT Cleo Bra: Made with lightweight FLOAT fabric, the Cleo Bra is longer and offers a cute crop top look.
- FLOAT Lola Bra: Similar to the Cleo Bra, the Lola Bra provides a shorter cut and a V neck, making it a versatile choice.
- FLOAT Juliet Bra: The Juliet Bra, made with FLOAT fabric, is an excellent option for long plane rides. Its criss-cross back design provides support and comfort.
Girlfriend Collective sports bras are a sustainable and stylish choice for anyone seeking ethical activewear. With their commitment to sustainability, ethical manufacturing, and body positivity, Girlfriend Collective has established themselves as a brand that stands out from the crowd. I highly recommend giving their sports bras a try.