New Orleans, Louisiana, is a city full of charm and quirkiness. If you’re thinking of dating in The Big Easy, you’re in for a treat. This article will be your guide to all things related to love and life in the vibrant city of New Orleans.
- What the Dating Scene in New Orleans Looks Like Now
- Where to Meet Someone in New Orleans
- Best Date Ideas in New Orleans and Why They’re Perfect
- Best Date Bars in New Orleans
- Best Date Night Restaurants in New Orleans
- More Date Spots in New Orleans We Love
What the Dating Scene in New Orleans Looks Like Now
Dating in New Orleans may be wild and exciting, but it still requires effort. The city’s dating scene is a numbers game—you have to put yourself out there to find the right person. Luckily, with a population of 395,009 and a large percentage of singles, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to connect with like-minded individuals.
New Orleans is a city that attracts new residents constantly. In addition to its famous festivals, lively nightlife, and Mardi Gras celebrations, big employers like Morgan and Company and Entergy bring in new talent. The presence of Tulane University and The University of New Orleans also ensures a steady influx of young students each year.
When it comes to hangouts and activities, New Orleans’ festival atmosphere is hard to beat. There’s something for everyone in this vibrant city.
Why You Should Give Dating Apps a Try
With so many people coming and going in New Orleans, using dating apps can be a game-changer. While there are countless options on the market, we recommend trying at least one to increase your chances of meeting someone special. Whether you’re looking for a casual relationship or something more serious, dating apps provide a convenient way to connect with new people.
One app worth considering for casual relationships is AFF, while eHarmony is a great option if you’re seeking something more long-term. Both platforms offer free trials, allowing you to explore and find what works best for you.
Where to Meet Someone in New Orleans
Finding a date can be challenging no matter where you are, but New Orleans offers plenty of opportunities for fun and connection. To increase your chances of meeting someone compatible, consider spending time in areas where like-minded people gather. Look for places that are frequented by singles, have a lively atmosphere, and make it easy to socialize.
Best Singles Bars in New Orleans
If you’re hoping to meet someone while living in New Orleans, explore neighborhoods like Bywater, Freret, and the Central Business District. These areas have a higher concentration of singles compared to others. Here are some fantastic bars where you can grab a drink, mingle with locals, and have a great time:
- Bayou Beer Garden: 326 N Jefferson Davis Pkwy New Orleans, LA 70119
- Wrong Iron: 3532 Toulouse St, New Orleans, LA 70119
- Hot Tin: 2031 St Charles Ave Fl 14 New Orleans, LA 70130
- Tropical Isle: 721 Bourbon St, New Orleans, LA 70116
- Polo Club Lounge: 300 Gravier St Windsor Court Hotel New Orleans, LA 70130
- Vandal Hookah Lounge: 3835 Tulane Ave New Orleans, LA 70119
- The Carousel Bar & Lounge: 214 Royal St, New Orleans, LA 70130
Other Great Places to Find a Date in New Orleans
If you’re used to the club scenes of New York or Los Angeles, New Orleans will feel like home. The city offers a unique nightlife experience with iconic spots like Bourbon Street. Here are some additional recommendations for finding a date:
- The Spotted Cat Music Club: 623 Frenchmen St, New Orleans, LA 70116
- The Maison: 508 Frenchmen St, New Orleans, LA 70116
- Pat O’Brien’s: 718 St Peter St, New Orleans, LA 70116
- Ticklers Dueling Piano Bar: 635 Bourbon St, New Orleans, LA 70130
- Fourth Wall Coffee: 614 Gravier St, New Orleans, LA 70130
- Cafe Du Monde: 800 Decatur St French Market New Orleans, LA 70116
- Rouses Market: 701 Baronne St New Orleans, LA 70113
For a more organized approach to dating, consider joining Meetup.com or exploring our New Orleans dating app guide. These resources can help you find compatible individuals with similar interests.
Exploring Speed Dating in New Orleans
Speed dating is another option worth exploring in New Orleans. While dating apps and bars are popular, speed dating offers unique advantages, such as:
- Meeting people who are actively seeking connections
- Having conversations with multiple individuals in a short amount of time
- Enjoying a safe and controlled environment for dating
If you’re interested in trying speed dating, these are the best agencies to work with in New Orleans:
- The Fun Singles
- Speed New Orleans Dating
Best Date Ideas in New Orleans and Why They’re Perfect
Once you’re ready to transition from the dating scene to building a relationship, it’s time to plan some exciting date ideas in New Orleans. To keep things interesting, opt for activities that have a fun and upbeat energy, allow for conversation, and provide a comfortable environment. Here are some fantastic date ideas:
- Ice skating
- Taking a dance class together
- Trying archery at a local range
- Visiting a driving range
- Exploring a street fair
- Trying your hand at axe throwing
- Challenging yourselves in an escape room
- Taking a scenic walk together in a dog-friendly park
- Participating in a painting class with a twist (preferably with drinks)
- Visiting a museum
- Exploring a botanical garden
Remember, New Orleans is a city that’s constantly evolving, so don’t be afraid to explore and discover new activities together!
The Perfect First Date Idea
While all the ideas above make great first dates, we have an even better suggestion. Instead of planning an elaborate date, meet up at a laid-back lounge or coffee shop to get to know each other better. This low-pressure approach allows both parties to relax and be themselves without the added pressure of a full-blown date. If things go well, you can always extend the date with one of the activities mentioned earlier. If not, you haven’t invested too much time or money.
Best Date Bars in New Orleans
Taking your date to a bar in New Orleans is always a good idea. The city boasts a wide range of unique bars that provide memorable experiences. Each bar has its own selection of drinks, ensuring you can try something new every time. If you don’t enjoy one particular bar, there are always plenty more to choose from nearby. Here are some of our favorites:
- Sea Cave: 3000 St Claude, New Orleans, LA 70117
- Shamrock: 4133 S Carrollton Ave New Orleans, LA 70119
- Bar Tonique: 820 N Rampart St New Orleans, LA 70116
- Peacock Room: 501 Tchoupitoulas St, New Orleans, LA 70130
- The Dungeon: 738 Toulouse St, New Orleans, LA 70130
- Three Legged Dog: 400 Burgundy St, New Orleans, LA 70112
Best Date Night Restaurants in New Orleans
New Orleans is a city with an incredible culinary scene, offering countless options for dining out. However, when it comes to first dates, it’s often better to opt for something more exciting than a traditional restaurant. Save romantic dinners for when you’re already in a relationship and want to enjoy pleasant conversation over food. If you are in a relationship and looking for date night options, here are some of the best restaurants in New Orleans:
- Café Amelie: 900 Royal St New Orleans, LA 70116
- Mister Mao: 4501 Tchoupitoulas St, New Orleans, LA 70115
- Irene’s: 529 Bienville St, New Orleans, LA 70116
- Mambo’s: 411 Bourbon St, New Orleans, LA 70130
- Cochon: 930 Tchoupitoulas St New Orleans, LA 70130
- Domenica: 123 Baronne St New Orleans, LA 70112
- Costera: 4938 Prytania St New Orleans, LA 70115
- Tito’s Ceviche & Pisco: 5015 Magazine St, New Orleans, LA 70115
More Date Spots in New Orleans We Love
New Orleans offers countless beautiful spots perfect for daytime dates. If you’re considering meeting someone during the day, here are some of our favorite date spots:
- New Orleans City Park: 1 Palm Dr, New Orleans, LA 70124
- Louis Armstrong Park: 901 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70116
- Audubon Park: 6500 Magazine St, New Orleans, LA 70118
- The National WWII Museum: 945 Magazine St, New Orleans, LA 70130
- New Orleans Museum of Art: 1 Collins Diboll Cir New Orleans, LA 70124
- Ogden Museum of Southern Art: 925 Camp St, New Orleans, LA 70130
- Airborne X Adventure Park: 901 Manhattan Blvd Harvey, LA 70058
- Fulton Alley: 600 Fulton St, New Orleans, LA 70130
Now that you have the ultimate guide to dating in New Orleans, it’s time to explore and make connections in this vibrant city. Remember to embrace the unique experiences it offers and have fun along the way!